Pages

Monday 11 August 2014

Better to Wish

Better To Wish


The book ‘Better To Wish’ is about a girl named Abby (Abigail). Abby couldn’t wait what would happen in the future. She always wanted to be older than her original age. She would be moving houses and having new siblings to take care of. Later on hardships come. Firstly her mother dies and then weeks after that, her best friend Sarah drowns.


My least favourite character was Abby’s dad. Why I dislike him is because he doesn’t like Catholics and he really wants Abby to marry Zander, their rich neighbor. She didn't want to marry him though. Another reason why I don’t like him is because he doesn't accept people of who they are like Fred. Fred is Abby’s only brother and he is not normal because when he was about 1 years old, he couldn't sit on a chair instead he would almost slide off.


I recommend this book to children ages 9+. Children who love books that come in a series would love this book because it is Book 1 of 4 books.


                  







                                        Ann M. Martin               

7 comments:

  1. Hi Liezl

    this is a very good story and thank you for labelling those beautiful photos

    From Losaline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Losa!

      Delete
  2. Hi Liezl,
    This is a very interesting book review. I like how you described Abby's dad.
    Have you read all the books in the series yet?

    From Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! No I have not read all the books in the series. I haven't seen any of the series in the library. I am still looking for them until now. Thanks again! :D

      Delete
  3. Hi Liezl,
    Awesome book review!!! I liked how you explained the book and I love the pictures.
    How many book reviews have you done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you AJ! I think I have done 20 something book reviews. But I don't really know.
      Thanks anyway!

      Delete